Wednesday 15 February 2012

The first entry!

Well I've decided that this would be an awesome place to discuss my current obsession which is pole dancing! It's taken over my life for the past year and I couldn't be happier. I'm sure others who dance as well can totally agree at how addictive it is. 


I want this blog to be about moves that I'm working on, achievements I'm making, what inspires me, and things that I'm struggling with. It'll help me look back as well and see where I've come from and how I can grow. 

NZAPP 2011
Currently I'm working towards the NZAPP (New Zealand Amateur Pole Performer) competition which is in July. I still have a few months but I want to get all the practice in I can since I know there will be some wicked routines this year! I entered last year in the intermediate category but didn't pass my heat. I wasn't highly disappointed because it was so much fun, but I definitely want to make it to the finals this year (and hopefully win!) After competing in November for the New Zealand Pole Championship (NZPC) and winning in the pairs division with my incredible pole partner Sarah, I definitely have a taste for the competition. 


Sarah & I in our winning pairs routine for NZPC '11
One of the things I'm debating on is the category to enter into when the time comes. When I was at the NZPC the competitors were really impressive! Those entering the beginner/intermediate were doing moves I hadn't even attempted yet! It was very intimidating. I'm sure a lot of them will try to compete in NZAPP this year and I definitely want to be ready. I'm currently going about 4 times a week to my studio, Altitude Pole. My instructors are absolutely amazing and what they do and I honestly would be stuck without them. I'm trying super hard to push myself and test the limits of my body.


Right now I want to work on my flexibility because currently it sucks...which is an understatement. I have a bad problem with my hips popping out when I do straddles, so I'm trying to figure out a way around that. As you can imagine things like a jade, or pole splits or an allegra would look horrible without good flexibility. I will update how well my splits are going on each entry and hopefully there's some improvement! Fingers crossed x

No comments:

Post a Comment